Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Dinner Tonight: Menchanko-Tei Ramen

I braved (ok, I walked a block and a half) the Great Blizzard of '10 to get some Hakata ramen from Menchanko-Tei. The broth was good, very rich and with that nice creamy taste that Hakata ramen is known for, it was even better with a bunch of togarashi. The noodles were packed separately and had congealed a little by the time I got home, but eventually broke up when put in the hot broth. The slices of pork were the only bad part, gristly and flavorless. I also got fried squid "legs" for some reason. They consisted of chunks of 2 tentacles a piece, and were well-fried, except they were lacking sauce (only a lemon was provided).

I didn't take a picture, but this is from Midtown Lunch:


Menchanko-Tei
131 E. 45th St. (btw Lex & 3rd)
212-986-6805

Menchanko-Tei on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment