Monday, April 5, 2010

Music Monday: MSTRKRFT's "Heartbreaker"

Last summer, which I shall dub, "The Worst Summer Ever" was a pretty stressful time. I was busy studying for the New York Bar Exam and one of the few things (beside food) that could take my mind away from the constant fear of failing this test and wasting the past three year of my life was music. Since high school I've always studied with music in the background and I was constantly listening to it while I prepared for the bar exam. Perhaps my favorite song of last summer was MSTRKRFT's "Heartbreaker" which features the vocals of singer John Legend.

MSTRKRFT, pronounced "master craft" is the Toronto-based electronic duo of Jesse Keeler (formerly of Death from Above 1979) and Al-P (formerly of Girlsareshort) and produce some of the best remixes in the music industry. On this track, MSTRKRFT skillfully integrates Legend's smooth vocals with piano and an electronic beats to create an amazing song. The music video for "Heartbreaker" initially appears to depict a classic story of boy meets girl; but just as boy is about to kiss girl he is whisked away by his friends as they flee from terrorizing a shopkeepers store. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment