Monday, August 30, 2010

Music Monday: Mighty Diamonds

I'd apologize for another reggae post, but that's pretty much all I've been listening to lately. My obsession of the past few weeks has been The Mighty Diamonds, a Jamaican vocal trio unfortunately best known for the song "Pass the Kutchie." That's a shame, because they've put out some great roots reggae. While the Mighty Diamonds are recognized mostly for their silky vocals, this song "Bodyguard" showcases a guitar hook so catchy I dare you to forget it. I actually like the dub version better (but can't find it on Youtube), which really focuses on the guitar.


One more song after the jump...

"I Need a Roof" shows why the Mighty Diamonds' superlatively smooth vocals stand out (the catchy horn hook doesn't hurt either). Just a great song to relax to after a long day of work. Check out the whole album, it's one of my favorites from beginning to end.



Have a delightful Music Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment