Monday, October 18, 2010

Music Monday: The Generationals

In anticipation of the CMJ Music Marathon and Film Festival, which will kick off later this week, I've decided to feature one of the countless bands who will be playing. CMJ is near and dear to my heart because I was able to attend the annual event for three of the four years I was in college, and while SXSW may be more celebrated, I've always enjoyed the energy of this festival that is held in New York City. The Generationals, comprised of Ted Joyner and Grant Widmer, are on the heels of their second release, the Trust EP, off the Park the Van record label. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a video of that song, so instead, I'll give you a video of my favorite Generationals' song. "When They Fight They Fight," off Con Law, was the first track of the band I ever heard and was floating around the blogosphere during my hellish summer when I was preparing for the Bar exam. I loved the catchy hooks, throwback vibe and use of horns. If you like what you hear and are in the New York area this week, be sure to catch the band this Friday, the 22nd at Littlefield. Happy Music Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment