Monday, November 22, 2010

Music Monday: Harry Nilsson Schmilsson

I only knew a couple of songs by Harry Nilsson before watching the documentary "Who is Harry Nilsson (and Why is Everybody Talkin' About Him)," last night and then listening to his music all day.

"Me & My Arrow" I've known all along.



However, I will admit that I first heard this song through Gift of Gab rapping over it on the title track of Blackalicious' "Blazing Arrow," which is one of my favorite albums of all time.

That song:



The beat is barely changed-- very hip hop.

A much more vulgar Nilsson tune after the jump.




It comes out of nowhere, yet obviously drives his point home (while showcasing Nilsson's talent as someone who can craft a catchy tune).

Have a great Music Monday (so fuck you)!

No comments:

Post a Comment