Monday, November 8, 2010

Music Monday: RIP The Cool Ruler

It is with a heavy heart that I report that Reggae legend Gregory Isaacs (also known as the "Cool Ruler") died last week. Isaacs, who was known for his silky-smooth voice and powerful lyrics, was extremely prolific--recording from the 1970's until his death from cancer.

I know I'm embarrassingly late with this news, but I couldn't let it go unmentioned (nor could I pass up an opportunity for a slightly relevant Music Monday post).

Lonely Soldier might be my favorite Isaacs single. Check it out:



One more track after the jump.



"No Speech No Language." Great, great song. Try to get that chorus unstuck from your brain.



So many great tracks that it's hard to pick two (also check out the extremely famous "Night Nurse" and "Storybook Children").

Have a great Music Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment