Monday, February 21, 2011

Music Monday: Adele

Unbeknownst to me, the annual Grammy Awards were held last Sunday. Not being a fan of award shows in general, coupled by the fact that the selection committee often ignores many of the artists I support in favor of bands like, The Jonas Brothers, or artists such as, Justin Bieber, I would have forgotten about the show altogether, had the Arcade Fire not scored an "upset" after winning the award for Best Album of the Year. But instead of continuing to rip the Grammy's, I'd rather focus on someone they (rightfully) honored as 2009's Best New Artist, Adele. From fellow Grammy Award winner, Amy Winehouse, to indie darling, Lily Allen, and up-and-coming, Duffy, Adele seems poised to follow in the footsteps of these other British imports and finally make a splash in America. Following her 2008 debut album, 19, Adele's follow up album, 21, is scheduled to be released stateside February, 22. Of all her new songs, my personal favorite is the last track, "Someone Like You," in which Adele laments about lost love with her soulful vocals.



But it was the High Contrast Remix of Adele's song, "Hometown Glory," that initially caught my drew my attention to this artist.



Hope you enjoy the tracks, remember to support the artist if you liked what you heard and have a happy Music Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment