Monday, April 18, 2011

Music Monday: New Order

One of my favorite bands of all time is the English New Wave/electronic group, New Order. Although Joy Division continues to garner a cult-like status from nearly every indie band, attributable in part to the tragic suicide of Ian Curtis, I've always felt that New Order is often overlooked. Characterized by the heavy use of synthesizers, drum machines and comically bad hair, my interest in the genre peaked during my teenage years where I expand my musical horizons by listening to radio programs such as 90.5 WBER's New Wave Wednesdays.



Most prominently known for their electro-dance hit, "Blue Monday," I've always held a nostalgic fondness for many of New Order's deeper tracks. However, it wasn't until a few years ago that I stumbled across the 7" version of one of my favorite New Order singles, "Temptation." The accompanying video is footage from 1984 of the band performing a set at the BBC Radio 1 studio. Hope you enjoy and are thankful that no one still rocks those tight white shorts. Happy Music Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment