Monday, May 2, 2011

Music Monday: The Beastie Boys, Santigold and Karen O.

The original plan for this week's Music Monday post was to feature the new Santigold single. But those plans changed ever-so-slightly after previewing the Beastie Boys new album that includes a killer track which just so happens to feature the vocal talents of Santigold. After blowing me, as well as the rest of the indie community away with her self-titled debut, saying Santigold's second album was highly anticipated was a foregone conclusion. So when she dropped "Go!," the first single off her forthcoming album that includes the voal talents of Karen O. from the Yeah Yeah Yeah's I immediately knew I had to feature it.



Though I was never into hip-hop growing up, I've always dug the Beastie Boys. Always innovating, I've admired their willingness to breach musical boundaries and experiment. While their new album, The Hot Sauce Committee Part Two, deserves a listen, the track that stood out to me was "Don't Play No Game I Can't Win." The song's dub vibe meshes perfectly with both of their vocals but avoids being too slow.



Enjoy and happy Music Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment