Monday, January 10, 2011

Music Monday: Iron & Wine

Another new year, another promising year full of great music. One song in particular that caught my attention towards the end of 2010 (I know, a whole week ago), was Iron & Wine's latest single, "Walking Far From Home," off Kiss Each Other Clean set to be released January 25, 2011.



His first studio album since leaving Sub Pop for a major label, I'm curious to see if Samuel Beam strays far from the same lyric-driven style that has defined him as an artist. Although unfortunate that many may recognize Iron & Wine more from their acoustic cover of The Postal Service song, "Such Great Heights," off the Garden State soundtrack rather than any of his original songs or great EP with Calexico, I much prefer his cover of one of my favorite New Order songs, "Love Vigilantes."



Happy Music Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment